Monday, October 27, 2008

The Scare!

It was an average Sunday in Joe and Cynthia's life...

We had gone to church, ate, napped, talked, and well... My visiting teachers came to see me, and I was making calls to my visiting teaching partner,etc. When Joey got back from home teaching with his companion, I was jotting some things down in my journal. The lasagna was in the oven and it was smelling great! Joey went in the other room for a minute and came back and was talking to me. Joey was about one foot from being under the light, when....da-da-da!!! The thick glass light cover fell off the ceiling and shattered to peices!!! We had no idea that it was loose or anything. There was no warning to us that this was going to happen!! If Joey had been standing under it, he would have been in the hospital with serious head injuries! So, now we've been a little nervous that the other two lights are going to come crashing down! We are not sure how it got loose enought to fall and break, but we think it might have something to do with the fact that we are one the bottom floor of 3 floors.... but we don't know. Glass was found all over the room even over where I was sitting! So, we picked up all the big peices and anything visible. The thick glass was scorchin' hot!!! After that, Joey went to lay down because he had a headache and I vacuumed every little inch of the living room carpet. So, that was a pretty huge scare, and we know that Joey was kept from the hospital because the Lord was watching over him. We know that the Lord was keeping both of us safe from what could have been awful injury. We are so grateful to have the gospel in our lives!!!



Our plan is to go to the maintanence list and write what happened and probably add on there that we want our other lights checked to make sure that they aren't loose. haha. Our bathroom faucet has also been kinda loose so I will probably add that on there too! So, here are some pictures: The first one is how the light looks with the cover on it, the second one is after the cover fell, and the third one is of the broken glass. Oh!!!--- We're also excited to have a new nephew tomorrow!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

oh yay! tomorrow is the day? wahoo!

I'm glad that Joe is ok. man that's scary.

Kerstin said...

That is very scary, I'm glad no one was hurt.
We had a scare of our own on Saturday, it involved Landon chocking on a CTR ring while Jared was watching him, 911 had to be called and everything.
Also do you just love having Matt living in the same town as you? Do you invite him over all the time, and have him over for Sunday dinners and stuff? I wish some of my siblings lived nearby so that I could hang out with them and cook for them and basically monopolize their time.

Theresa said...

yikes...I'm glad landon is ok,...

I love having my siblings in town,.. I am sad though because I don't do much with them. I try,...it would be easier if Dan wasn't in school because he is always working or doing homework so it is really hard for me to plan anything with him not able to have people over when he's home kind of thing,... oh well.

BDN said...

Well, I am glad you and Joen are okay, junt!!! Make sure you get dem other lights checked!!

P.S.
KT, you didn't tell me about Landon choking on the CTR ring!?

The Watts said...

Looking at those pictures of the types of lights you have who would ever thought it could have fallen like that, we are very glad no one was under it or got hurt, other then that though it sounds like you had a great Sabbath day! Love you guys!