Wednesday, October 22, 2008

For Mom! -I Owe Her a Blog!!!

So my mom made a great point! --I haven't written in a while, so I'm doing this for her! haha. The last few days were pretty eventful. Flashing back to Saturday, Joey and I went to the Temple and did initiatories. It was a great experience! The weather was beautiful, so it was great to walk there and back! After the temple, we had our date night, which consisted of riding bikes to Dairy Queen (yum!), Walmart, and then coming home and watching baseball (I know, since when do I watch baseball? Joey got me hooked!-- but my friend Matt Clark got me into the Red Sox first) Sunday was great. We learned a lot about forgiveness and how important it is to show love to our spouses and be very forgiving. We also learned about family history as we have been going to that class. In Relief Society, we talked about how much Joseph Smith expressed his love to his wife and kids in his letters to them while in jail. After lunch, we went to the library to do family history. We filled out a bunch of pedigree charts with Joe's ancestors. It was exciting and I'm even more excited to find out more about genealogy!!! We can't wait to get to do their work! Monday was great fun! In the morning while Joey was in class, I used "The Biggest Loser" workout dvd to do my workout. It was great, but tiring! I got pretty bored after that, so I decided to curl my hair with my straightening iron because I hadn't done it in a while. That was fun. Joe kept asking what I was getting all dolled up for. I was like I just want to do it for fun, and then I changed my answer to, "for you my darling, of course!" haha. Our ward had a super fun FHE at 6. We all went over to Brother Cook's house (one of the counselors in the bishopric) in Teton and he cooked us hot dogs and we ate delicious smores! (Joey and I just ate all the hershey bars-- we took like 5 of them haha!) Brother cook has this electric smile, so electric that whenever anyone sees him smile, you just want to smile! even if you're having a bad day! Maybe one day I could show ya'll. After we ate, everyone who wanted to go to the Haunted Mill went. It was awesome, and way longer than I thought!!! We waited in a line for a while, but once the adventures start it's like a half and hour! I got scared plenty because I am a wuss! It was super cold and windy outside too, so it was great when we finally got in that mill (or barn or whatever it was, haha) Yesterday was pretty good too. We had a delicious breakfast. Devotional was great. The speaker talked about how important friendship is and how our influences can change people's lives. He also said how important it is to reach out to those in need and lift up those who are down. It was great. I went and got Timmy and Diana my mother-in-law their birthday presents while Joe was in class. When I got home and had to go get a bunch of laundry from the dryers and fold those and put them away. At 6, Joe and I went to this "Devotional Forum". Joey got a call on my cell phone the other day saying that he was one of few selected to be a part of the devotional forum to discuss ways to improve devotional, etc. Well, he brought me along because they were going to be providing dinner, so we figured we should get some free dinner! It was just pizza though. After that, Joey had to go to a study group and I went grocery shopping because we were low on everything. It was great. I was pretty tired when it was finally time for bed. So ya! That's how the last few days have been! And I have a couple of pictures--one from FHE and one that joey took of me. haha!

6 comments:

Kerstin said...

Sounds like you are having fun being married. So you were low on everything? Even goldfish??:)

Cynthia said...

HAHAHHAHAHA! No, we have a big box of them still lol!

BDN said...

Haha. Good to see that you finally updated this thing, junt! ;)

The Watts said...

Awww thanks you made my day, getting to see my future grandbabies and now this LOL! You guys look great like I said before marriage looks good on you! Love You!

Kerstin said...

getting to see you future grandbabies??? I am confussed

Cynthia said...

hahah KT no worries, I'm not pregnant. It was just that site that Shayla and Brent used. haha