Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!

So I went to the Health Center again today. For the last five days or so I have been having these massive headaches. It's like my neck, all the way around to my forehead and eyes hurt. My ears would also hurt. The weird thing is is sometimes it would go away, but if i coughed or sneezed it would hurt my head wicked bad! It was like so much pressure. I woke up this morning at seven with the most awful headache I've ever had so I went and took two tylenol and it helped me sleep. When I got to the doctor she asked me questions like usual. She said it sounded like tension headaches and showed me some exercises to do with my shoulders and neck. She checked my ears and they were fine. She felt my neck and said two pretty swollen lymph nodes and that could be what's causing the neck pain and headache. She wanted to take a blood count to make sure that I didn't have mono. After they got my blood, the lady came in and said, "well, you don't have mono that's for sure, but something is making those lymph nodes swell so make sure you get plenty of rest and drink lots and lots of liquids." She then proceeded to tell me that she noticed that I am border-line anemic. So, I know what explains me being tired all the time, my shaking, and why the room sometimes gets dark when I get up. So, I have to take iron supplement twice a day and go back in a month so she can take another blood count and see how I am doing. I just want to know where the killer headaches are coming from. I'm just glad that they didn't find anything serious with me though! I have a picture of our stack of thank you cards I've been working on for a while. This is not all of them, however, because I already sent some out, and I still have like 15 more to do. It's kinda fun though! The ones on the bottom are actually postcards and there are a lot of those!

8 comments:

BDN said...

Well, sorry about the headaches and what not! I hope everything gets cleared up soon.

I've noticed that my breathing and my heart-beat has been a little off lately. I think I should follow your example and go to the doctor and check it out. :)

The Watts said...

Sounds pretty scary, especially if they don't know what is causing the lymphnodes to be swollen and the headaches....yuck, I have been getting the exact same ones the last couple of days, course starting to fall asleep sitting up at work, could cause the pain in my neck and head, but also, I think since I have been taking Excedrine to get rid of the head aches I am getting rebound head aches. At any rate if you keep getting the head ache and the lymphnodes don't get better, you better get back into the doctor, I worry it is something more serous.

Theresa said...

yikes,.. it's funny to me how as soon as you get married suddenly you're going to the doctor all the time... husbands have a way of saying,.. you better just go get checked out because I don't want you to suffer... hahaha. I hope everything is ok. being borderline aneimic is not good. Hopefully the iron supplements help. extra iron in my diet (from pills) always makes me sick. i'm sure you'll keep us updated. :)

Theresa said...

I didn't mean you specifically.. I meant in general,.... I have found that I take more trips to the doctor as a result of being married.

Cynthia said...

Ya, Benji get that checked out. Ya, the swollen lymph nodes kind of worry me too. I try not to worry too much, but I love having the health center right across the street! haha it's so true Theresa! I've been twice already!

Kerstin said...

I have been to the doctor a lot since I have been married too, but that is because I have been pregnant 4 times. AS for non pregnancy related things I haven't been to the doctor at all since I have been married.

Marley said...

Scary!! I hope you are feeling better!! I hope that we will be seeing you on thanksgiving!! Grandma left your wedding present with us so if you come down its waiting for you!! Hope all is well. Love you!

Cynthia said...

Thanks Mar! Ya, we are totally planning on coming down for thanksgiving! By the way, I wanted to thank you for making it to our wedding! It really meant a lot to have you there!!!