Friday, December 19, 2008

An Update.

It's been a fun time so far in Beverly, Massachusetts. Tuesday we slept in. That was GREAT. Joe's parents took us to Papa Gino's for dinner. It's a pizza place. It's pretty good! Wednesday morning we went with Joe's dad to The Anchor for breakfast. Some of Joe's cousins and their kids came over for dinner. (I guess they come over every Wednesday and Joe's mom makes dinner and what not) One of his cousins, Jaimie, has a 7 month old daughter and she is adorable. She's always so happy. :) Also, his cousin Carrie has a daughter who I believe is a year and a half. She is also cute and is super smart. Anyways, Joe's mom made Spaghetti and we really enjoyed it. After that, Joe and I hit a couple of malls and shopped a little. It was fun. They have a huge mall in Burlington, it's grand. I really enjoyed the scenery! Yesterday at 2, we went to lunch and after that we went by the missionaries to get some Book of Mormons. After that we went to the Peabody mall. This time it was to pick me out a coat. Joe's mom really wants to get me a coat for my birthday, so she just had me go pick it out. No success wa sat the Peabody so then we headed over to the Danvers mall. Definitely no success there. We then made our trip to the Burlington mall. Traffic was awful. What could have been about a 20 minute drive ended up being an hour. It was kind of fun though. I finally found the coat I wanted after looking forever at Macy's. We got home pretty late, but it was a lot of fun! This morning Joe's dad made us his delicious breakfast. We prepared for the winter storm that started at noon today. I ran on their treadmill which was nice also. We've been in all day because it has been snowing lots. We ordered a pizza and had it delivered. Overall it was a pretty good day! Tomorrow is the Christmas party and we're excited! Merry Christmas all!

4 comments:

The Watts said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun, it's nice that you are not missing out on the snow lol! We miss having you guys here to play cards with!

BDN said...

Haha. You know, I was talking to Dad and Matt the other day, Cynthia, and the whole world is now being taught improper English because of "The Best Two Years."

Books of Mormon is NOT the correct way to say Book of Mormons. "Book of Mormon" is a title of a book. For title's of books, all you do is add an S to the end of the book to make it plural.

Now let's say someone wrote this sentence: "Brent Nelson wanted a bottle of water." To make THIS plural, you would change it to: "Brent Nelson and Shayla wanted bottles of water." And THAT is when you would change it like that.

Anyways! I am just throwing that out there, because it has been bugging me for years. People try and correct me when I say "Book Of Mormons" and it's really starting to tick me off, because it's the correct way to say it.

*hopes the world reads this* :) And I'm not trying to single you out, Cynthia! I just saw it in your post, and I had to go on my little rampage. ;)

Kerstin said...

Sounds like you are having fun.

Cynthia said...

yesh. BDN, tis true. I fixed my blog up! Thanks mom and KT!