Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and a great Black Friday! :) Joe had to work Thanksgiving day, which kind of stunk, but we have him for Christmas so we're pretty happy about that! Plus, Friday felt like Thanksgiving too, and we had Joe home for that. We spent Thanksgiving with Joe's siblings and their significant others. Joe's mom did a wonderful job on the food. MMMM... So good! I did miss my family this Thanksgiving as well, but we had fun! And it was another happy day because I ran my very very first race, a 5 Mile Wild Turkey Race in Salem. I was hoping to finish it in an hour, but I finished it in 54 minutes and 22 seconds! Crazy I know! Katie figured out that there were little chips on the back of our bibs (numbers we wear) and that's how it tracked when we crossed the starting and finish lines. I have to admit though, I thought I was going to barf after I crossed that finish line, but it went away right away, so thank goodness for that. It was cold and I was decked out in my technical shirt, head band, mp3 player, and gloves. Glad I didn't wear a jacket because I was sweating like 3 minutes into that race. I had to take my gloves off and hold them because my hands started to sweat. I'm so thankful that it was so sunny and beautiful on Thanksgiving because the day before it was dark, dreary, windy, and rainy. It was also a beautiful day because Joe's brother Steve finally got engaged to his girlfriend Tracy before the race! Congrats and it's about time! Ryker needs some Gebhardt cousins! It was kind of neat because all of the girls ran it.... me, Joe's sister Liana, Steve's fiance Tracy, and Rick's (Joe's oldest brother) girlfriend Katie! And we all did awesome. I was last place out of all of us of course, but I can't complain! We all came in within a minute or seconds of each other. Well, Tracy was like six minutes before us all, but close enough. ;) After we stopped running and were standing there for a little bit, we got pretty cold because it was still under 40 degrees out (I think) and we were wet from sweat. I pigged out at Thanksgiving dinner so I'm pretty sure I canceled out any calories I burned that morning. I wish I had gotten a picture of the event, but oh well. I was wicked sore yesterday too. My shins, my quads, my ankles, my feet were all so sore, but I sure love that feeling! :) Here are all the girls results. I think if you double click you can see it better. :) It gives what place number, the name, where they are from, their bib number, age, gender, age group, time, and time per mile!Thanksgiving dinner was delicious as I said before, and Ryker had a blast with his uncles and aunts! :) He was also very happy when Daddy came home that night!
Friday morning, we went to have breakfast with Joe's dad and sister. It was fun, and then Joe and I were off to the malls for some Black Friday shopping. I saved 120 dollars at Kohl's and got some things for Christmas at a couple other shops and another mall. We went to dinner with Ricky and Katie at Chili's, and we had a lot of fun. Ryker joined us for that one.
Anyways, we love the holidays and we had a great last couple of days! :)Here is my technical shirt and my bib. I figured since I didn't get a pic of me wearing it during the race, I'd just take a pic of what I wore. Not proof, I know, but man am I happy I finally accomplished one of my goals! :)
Ryker's first Thanksgiving! :) I'm thankful that I can be a mom to such a wonderful boy and a wife to such a wonderful man! :)
I'm grateful for my sweet little boy. Check out that turkey with his huge blue slippers on. :)
Thanksgiving dinner knocked him out. Haha. Seriously though, we were all eating dinner at the table and looked over and he fell asleep. :)

I'm thankful for so much this year. As I mentioned above, I'm thankful for my family, I'm thankful for all that we have been blessed with...and we have been blessed with so so much! I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants what's best for us so that we can return and live with Him after this life. I know that that couldn't be possible without Jesus Christ atoning for our sins. I am forever thankful for Him. I love Him. I'm thankful for eternal families and that I can be with them forever. I can't imagine life without my family. :) I love them so much! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

No comments: