Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween and Some other Fun!

"I'm gonna get you Mom!"
So, I know I'm a little late on this, but I figure if I don't do it now, I will never get this post done! We had a good Halloween. Ryker was a cute chubby monkey. I didn't even realize when I bought the costume that it had all this extra fluff in the middle until I put it on him and he looked like a fat monkey. :) Ryker went trick or treating a total of 3 times. The first time was at our ward trunk or treat on October 25. Here are some pictures from that night. We joke and say that Ryker was an Angry Chubby Monkey because he hardly smiled in any pics.The next time we went trick or treating at my sister-in-law's work on Thursday October 27. It is also my brother-in-law's girlfriend's job (she's a scientist). We walked around and went to different places in the building to get candy. They had free food and there were lots of cute little kids. Ryker was the cutest of course. ;) Joe's parents came with me. Joe had to work that day, but we had lots of fun. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of that day.

Not sure if anyone heard of the winter storm that hit New England late Saturday (Oct. 29) and early Sunday, but it did, and I was a little annoyed that the meteorologists were correct about this storm. Usually, they are at least a little off. This time they were dead on. It was so windy and cold! We lost power a little after midnight and didn't get it back til almost 11a.m. We were freezing. Ryker wore his snow suit in bed and was a little fed up with the fact that he could hardly move in that thing. It was so cute. There are still some without power today. I am so grateful that we have power and heat. :) Here's a pic of the snow from our side yard and backyard. It was only like 3 or 4 inches in our city, but some got a foot or more! yikes!
Most the snow had melted by Halloween, but there are still spots where there is snow today. Some cities had to post pone trick or treating because of the power outage. Luckily, we had power, so we went trick or treating! Joe had to work that day as well, so Joe's mom came with Ryker and I. Ryker was an Angry chubby monkey when we were trying to get pics of him in his costume. Ryker got some nice comments and some nice loot for his family! ;) Here he is on Halloween. We also carved a pumpkin as you can see in the pic with Ryker!
This was a little bit before we went trick or treating. He was showing off his muscles to his Uncle Steve. That kid is so strong. Sometimes I feel like he's stronger than me.
Ryker and his Mimi!
The Angry Chubby Monkey!


We also had the missionaries over that night, and here are some pics. He particularly enjoyed their ties. :) Ryker also enjoyed Elder Ban. In every group pic we tried to get, he was looking over at Elder Ban. He also wanted to eat Elder Ban's tie. Maybe Elder Ban smells like Cambodian food. ;) Elder Ban also enjoyed eating our Halloween candy. ;) We were happy to give them all the Halloween candy. I was still wearing my work shirt. Sometimes I just stay in my work clothes all day. Lazy of me, I know.

Check out Elder Ban!
Happy Boy!
MMMM Tasty!

No comments: