Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Wedding in Providence, Rhode Island

Wow! I cannot believe that  September has passed and gone!  On the weekend of September 2, we drove an hour and a half over to Providence, Rhode Island for Joe's brother Steve's wedding.  We got to stay two night in Hotel Providence, which is a pretty fancy hotel!  We had a KING sized bed.  I guess I never realized how big those beds are.  Joe and I could both spread out without falling off! Anyways, as you can see, I was pretty excited about the King sized bed.  Ryker was too.  He didn't want to sleep in his pack n play. HAHA

So, the rehearsal dinner was that Saturday night  at a nice little place.  The food was delish, and the family had a great time.  Ryker got his own plate (it must have been adult size) of chicken tenders and fries.  He was in heaven because he loves french fries, and we don't let him have them often.  Steve and Tracy got some nice gifts for their groomsmen and bridesmaids.  Ryker was the best "little" man, while Joe and Rick were the Groomsmen.  I'm pretty sure Steve just didn't want to have to choose between his brothers. :) That's okay.  Ryker was one awesome Best "little" Man!!!  Steve got him some cute little shirts and a little stuffed monkey that sings the ABC's, and he got Joe and Rick those mini helicopters that those guys are always flying around at the malls.  Pretty sweet gifts!!!  Here are some pics from the Rehearsal Dinner:
 Here's the Best "Little" Man looking all dapper while he waits for his adult size meal! haha!
 The parents of the groom! AKA my wonderful in-laws :)
 Joe got a pic of the groom.  I think he was trying to get Tracy too, but she looks like she was talking to someone at the time.
 Joe would kill me if he found out I posted this pic.  He told me not to put it on facebook, so I didn't.  I think this picture is so funny.  He was taking a pic of himself looking "femi" and I jumped in the picture.  I had no idea that he was posing that way! haha!
 Joe's sister Liana and her fiance Greg!

On September 2nd, we headed to a ward in Warwick, Rhode Island.  We ran into one of the missionaries that used to be in our ward, so that was cool! He hadn't seen Ryker since he was like 8 months old, so that was fun.  We left after sacrament because we had to get Ryker some breakfast.  I know, I know, what kind of parents don't feed their child before church? haha.  We were in a rush that morning.  He's always a trooper anyways!  The wedding ceremony was in a beautiful park in Providence at 4:30.  The Bride and Groom were a very handsome couple and the ceremony was beautiful!  I do have to say though, it's tiring having a 18 month old in a wedding party, let alone a husband ;) Just kidding. Ryker, Joe, and Rick were all matching, so I thought that was just so awesome!!!  Here are some pics from the wedding day!
Best "Little" Man with Daddy!!!
Bride and Groom after ceremony.  The lighting was really bad on my camera!
 
 Ryker at wedding dinner with Tracy's nephew Jack.  Ryker loved him, and Jack loved Ryker.  Dinner was delicious! He had some pasta.  I had a nice piece of swordfish. Delicious! It really is the steak of the sea! so good! And Joe had some chicken.  It was all so good!
 Rick and his fiance Katie! :)
 The day after the wedding, the bride and groom surprised the family with a morning gondola ride.  They were real gondolas-legit from Italy!! :)  Ryker was asleep when we got there, so he got on with his Grampy and Mimi, and he decided to wake up for the fun! :)  After the ride, we headed back to hurry and check out of the hotel!  Instead of going straight home, we headed the the Providence Place mall.  That is one HUGE mall.  It is three stories and there are more underground stories too.  On the way home we stopped at Red Robin next to Gilette stadium where the Patriots play.  We don't have a Red Robin near us, so we were pretty excited to have one of their amazing burgers and their delicious steak fries!

Here are 3 prof pics from the wedding that their photographer Kristen Jordan took.  I think she did a great job! :
 Steve and his brothers
 I love this picture!  It's totally a precious moment! Ryker was trying to take Steve's hat!

After the park, they headed to a carasoul that is also part of the park, and they took pictures on it.  What a cute idea! Here's the wedding party!

No comments: