Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 3 in Orlando, Florida

So, I'm really good at putting off blog posts, but I know if I keep putting this blog post off, I will get really behind!  So, we spent Wednesday at Universal Studios in Orlando.  It was great!
 The kids looked like they were having the time of their lives at Univeral Studios! (This was right when we got there, after I lathered Ryker up with sunscreen- he hates when I put that stuff on him)
 Ryker at Seuss Land riding the Dr. Seuss carousel.  One of the few rides I was allowed on! :)
 Daddy and Ryker eating some popcorn
 A failed attempt at getting a pic of the three of us on the one fish, two fish ride
 Ryker really didn't want to take a picture.  He wanted to play with the controls!

One of the biggest things I was looking forward to in Orlando was The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!  It was part of Universal's Islands of Adventures, and although I was bumbed that I couldn't ride any of their rides, I had so much fun being there!  It felt like I was really at Hogwarts.  People were dressed up as wizards and witches, and according to Joe, the rides were way awesome.  I'm glad that we got to experience it! Fun times!
 This was entering Harry Potter World.  I had to get a pic right away!
 Platform 9 3/4!
 All the shops were packed!  It was fun to go in there and look at the stuff.
 The heat really wore Ryker out!
 I loved how much it felt like being in the movie! haha
 It ended up being smaller than I expected, but it was really nice! Especially when we got to try the Butterbeer!
 You could get the Butterbeer in the mug, but you had to pay for the mug.  We just went the cheap route.
 MMMM! It was delicious.  It just tasted like a sweet drink!  Ok, I totally thought it tasted like cream soda. Yum!
 Joe liked it, but he's not a big cream soda guy, so I drank pretty much the whole thing by myself. haha
 Welcome to Hogwarts!
 Hogwarts and Hogsmeade
 We went into the wand shop and tested out some of the wands.  Joe's first wand was Voldemort's wand.
 I chose to try out Professor Albus Dumbledore's wand!  I felt very powerful.
 Joe's next choice was the wand of Severus Snape.  Good choice!  We were going to do more of them, but it was crowded in there!  We saw someone with Hermione's.  I think hers looked the most awesome! Also, we were trying to find Ron Weasley's to see how his looked (lol), but we couldn't find it. 
 We went into a huge arcade to cool off for a little bit.  Ryker loved this motorcycle.  He loves all cars, motorcycles, trains...anything with wheels.  Doesn't he look happy?
 Next stop after Island's of Adventures was Universal Studios.  I could not ride one single ride in this park...except the Terminator 2 ride because we had special stationary seats.  It was fun to walk around and see the sights.  Joe had fun riding a few rides for me too. :)
 Ryker playing in the Woody the Woodpecker's kid's zone.  They had these buttons all around this playground that made animal sounds.  Ryker was so funny.  He kept running to every animal to hear the sounds they make.  He thought it was so awesome. He loves buttons.
 Ryker and I had Joe ride this little gem of a ride for us! haha!  It was like a little kid's roller coaster, but Ryker wasn't tall enough to ride it yet.
We ate at a little 50's diner drive-in place at Universal, and one of the workers there thought Ryker was the cutest thing ever, so she gave him a big chocolate chip cookie for free.  As you can see, he also snatched himself a couple of our french fries.  I love how he looks like a chubby bunny in this picture!  We had so much fun, but I think we literally walked a marathon that day, and we were happy to get back to our place and off our feet to relax!

1 comment:

WilsonFamily said...

Thanks for blogging your trip! It was pretty cool to see all the sights as I have never been to Florida. Glad you guys were safe during Sandy and had tons of fun at Disney. I served my mission in NJ, so it's been neat to see picture updates from people I know there. Congratulations on your pregnancy--You're looking good momma! Ryker has sure gotten big. Time is flying!