Monday, June 9, 2008

Mid-terms!

Hey guys! Well mid-term week is over!!! Thank goodness! My grades will be in on wednesday and then I can let ya'll know. As of now, it looks like I have 5 A's and 2 B+'s! But that's not a for sure. So yesterday was a long and busy day... but a great day, don't get me wrong! So church gets out at 12:30, so after that my classmate Ashleigh came and picked me up and we went to her place and made about 200 cookies! For our 25 minute presentation we baked 3 different kinds of cookies to go with the them of our presentation. Our presentation was on "Learning two languages-Toddler through the play years"... so each cookie represented a language... They are as follows: Fortune (we bought those)-Chinese, Snickerdoodles-German, Chocolate Chip-English, and Russian tea cookies-Russian of course! It was lots of fun, but it took us from about 1 til almost 7! We had to put them in 50 ziplock bags, but we had to wrap each individual cookie in suran(however you spell that) wrap first for the sake of those who are allergic and what not. Then we had to make little hand outs to put in the bags explaining what each cookie represented. After we got that done, I went to Joe's house and we ate Lasagna and garlic bread and chocolate milk! It was delicious! After that I went home and went over the powerpoint for our presentation today. Joe came over after that and we watched the end of the basketball finals. It was great!!! Anyways... so I woke up this morning and I was feeling super naucious and I took and shower and then ate some cereal and orange juice. I think the orange juice helped me. I was not nervous about the presentation at all until the end of geography and then I started to feel kinda sick! Once we got up there to present, I was like not even nervous and we were amazing! We got a 148.5/150! The class loved the game we played and they just loved the treats and a lot of them participated and raised their hands and what not. I think I'm gonna like being a teacher!!! :)

5 comments:

Karrae said...

thats so fun! I think you will make an amazing teacher!!!! you are the best!

Kerstin said...

Fun! I am glad things went so well. Also you must be cut out to be a teacher, taking all that time to do all that fun and creative stuff, I was never like that.

Cynthia said...

haha thanks guys! That means a lot to me! :)

BDN said...

Well, me got 3 A's and 3 B's (the B's being very close to A's!), so me proud of us both.

*wishes I could have ate all those cookies*

Cynthia said...

Great job BDN! Congrats! Oh, how's the job? Also, I wish I could have sent you the cookies! They were delicious!