Sunday, April 7, 2013

We are a Family of Four!

We welcomed our beautiful little girl, Kaylee Mae Gebhardt on January 26, 2013 after my water broke at approximately 1:47 a.m.  Since we live with Joe's parents, we could just tell her we were heading to the hospital and leave Ryker in his bed.  I had to have a repeat c-section because of the way they closed me up when I had Ryker.  This time, they made sure to close me up in two layers, which was nice.  Originally she was scheduled to be delivered on January 28th, but it was neat that she came when she was ready instead.  Kaylee was born by 4:33 a.m.  She was 8 lbs 4 oz, 21 inches long and perfect in every way!  We love her so much!  The first couple weeks following the delivery was hard for me.  I had the baby blues, but once they went away, I felt like I was on cloud nine.  Joe had two weeks paternity leave, which was awesome!  I love all the benefits they give him and our family! :) My sister came for a week to visit mid February, which was super fun and helpful! :)  We are just adjusting to life with two children, and it has been quite the adventure!  A very busy little boy (who is now 2), and a newborn that is 2 months old!  She is such a sweet, sweet baby.  She is very healthy and has quite the lungs, is very strong, and very squirmy!  Now I am actually seeing what went on inside my belly!  My sister took some amazing pics while she was here.  I'm glad she came.  It went by too fast, and it was a blast having her here! 

 Our first family pic.  We had to give Ryker a cracker just to get him to sit for the picture.
 Sweet Kaylee fresh out of the womb.
 Kaylee lost 10 percent of her birth weight in the hospital, so we had to take her for weight checks at the doctor.  I think we went three times.  It took 3 weeks to get her back to her birth weight!  She had slight jaundice.  It took about that long to get rid of her jaundice as well!
 Beautiful girl!


 Our big boy!  He wasn't 2 in this pic yet.  He was almost 23 months!
 Ryker loves his little sister!
 You spend a lot of days in your jammies when you have a newborn at home! :)
 A Family of Four finally!  We feel like our family is complete (for now, anyways) now that Kaylee is here!
Love my sister! She is awesome!  I hope I can be as amazing as a mom as she is! Thanks again for all that you've done/ you do for us! Love you!

And here is Kaylee at two months old! :

She's growing! At two months, she was 11 lbs 2 oz and 23 inches long!  Glad she is growing well and that she is healthy!

 Late night feedings are tiring for both Momma and Baby!  Right at two months, Kaylee starting sleeping 7-8 hours a night and still is!  She is a great sleeper!  No complaints here!

No comments: