Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Full Heart

My heart is very full this Sabbath day. I have so much to be thankful for. Who am I to think that I might have it hard? I have the gospel. I have the truth. I have the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I have a faithful husband who holds the priesthood and who takes care of our little family. I have a healthy little boy who brings our family so much joy. We have income. We have a roof over our head. We have food on our table. We have amazing family filled with good, loving people who do so much for us. We have friends all over the world. There is so much to be thankful for, and if I ever start thinking otherwise, all I have to do is think of this, and my heart is happy.

The last two weeks have been amazing for our ward. Two weeks ago we had a girl get baptized and then last week we had another girl get baptized. Both baptisms were so amazing. I felt the Spirit so strong. I felt like I was at my own baptism. It's so amazing to see people become converted to the gospel. You see enthusiasm and you see joy and happiness in them because they found what can truly make them happy! I just love it! I wish I could go to a baptism every week.

At church today, we had more investigators come. A husband and wife and three children. In Gospel Principles class, you could see light and understanding in them. I could just tell they wanted to be there and to learn about what we were learning about (Priesthood Organization). It made me very grateful that I have this gospel. To raise my children in. I am and will always be grateful for my parents and their activity in church. Thank you mom and dad for taking us to church every week and for teaching us good values. Thank you for your examples to me. I think that I have always taken it for granted that I was born and raised in the church and had most extended family in the church as well. My heart aches for people who have had the gospel placed right in front of them and rejected it or didn't even give it the time of day. What a wonderful blessing to miss out on. I see Joe's heart ache all the time when he just wishes that he could get his family and friends to understand what an amazing thing it is to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Days Saints is...to have prayer, scriptures, service, and most importantly of all Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in their lives. I'm kind of starting to get a feel for how hard it is to be the only member of the church in your family. This isn't an easy thing for Joe and I, but we are grateful that we have each other, a ward family, and that we can raise Ryker and our future children in this gospel. To teach them that we do have a Heavenly Father and a Savior Jesus Christ who love them so much. They have a family that love them and support them. They are on this earth for a reason. They can be a good example and make a difference in the lives of so many. Families can be together forever. I am so grateful that my husband and children can be with me forever. This life and the life after this. The Plan of Salvation is very comforting and it brings me a lot of joy!

I just wanted to write this all down. It's a little bit jumbles, but my heart is full. I love this gospel so much! I love it, I do!

And just because I love this little man so much (and because he's so darn handsome), here is Ry in his Sunday best today! :Sad it's a little blurry, but the flash wasn't on. His eyes are watery because he was crying because he didn't like trying to walk in his shoes.
This is blurry too, but he is just so sweet!

2 comments:

The Watts said...

You said just what I have been feeling today also, so incredibly blessed, I know the Lord has carried me through all my challenges and even though at times it is hard, he continues to bless me far more than I deserve! I was just thinking today how I pray that when I get my job I will be able to come visit each of my married children's family each year, especially at those prtant times, Lamdon will be Baptzed next year and I want to be there! I want to be there when he grows too!

The Watts said...

Sorry I meant important and I meant I want to be there as Ryker grows up!