Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas

We had a great Christmas! I think it was more fun for all the adults to watch Ryker on Christmas than it was for him, but I'm pretty sure that's how it always is when a child is so young! Joe's siblings loved spoiling their first and only nephew. :) On Christmas Eve, a couple of Joe's cousins and their kids came over for dinner and we opened presents. It was fun for Ryker to play with the other kids. :)
Presents from second cousins! :)

On Christmas day, we went to church first since it is at 9 and we have to leave our house by 8:30 to get to Sacrament meeting on time. It was a wonderful Sacrament meeting. It was so nice to remember the true reason for the season! We sang all the Christmas hymns too. We really felt the Spirit! Oh, and we saw snowflakes fall in the window behind the pulpit! Beautiful! After church, my father-in-law made us some delicious breakfast. After breakfast, we opened our stockings. It was very fun for us. We waited until early evening to open gifts so that all Ryker's Gebhardt aunts and uncles could be there. We really had a nice time together. Ricky's (my bro-in-law) girlfriend, Katie, got me a beautiful mother's necklace. It has a heart on it with an R for Ryker. When Joe and I have more children, we can add other letters on it. It was a very nice gift! Also, I didn't get any pics of Joe and his gifts, but I got him a mousepad with our family pictures on it, hair trimmers (nice ones), and Ryker got him a robe! We had a delicious family dinner after that, and I said the blessing on the food. My father-in-law wanted either Joe or I to "say grace" before we started eating. I love moments like these where we can show our family what we do often! :) Hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as we were blessed to have! :)
Here is Ryker Christmas morning. "Dad! Wake up! It's Christmas morning!"
On Christmas Eve, we opened our Christmas jammies. This is Christmas morning as you can tell by our puffy faces.
Our stockings!
Cute little boy opening his first stocking!
Ryker helped Daddy with his too.
Ryker with some of his Christmas loot and Daddy!
Ryker would get so excited when Joe ripped off the wrapping paper!
Ryker gave his Gebhardt aunt and uncles each a frame with their picture in it! Here is his Aunt Liana and her frame! (the guy next to her is her boyfriend, Greg...Ryker calls him Uncle Greg)
Here is Uncle Ricky and his frame! (and his girlfriend Katie!)
Uncle Steve and his gift! (his fiance Tracy wasn't there :( she was in Rhode Island with her Aunt)
Here is most of Ryker's loot!
My mother-in-law got me a cute cardigan! She knows what I like! :)
Joe got me a beautiful watch! The picture does not do it justice! Since Joe takes our phone to work, it's nice for me to have something to tell me the time. :)
This is a great gift! Harry Potter calendar! I've been really into Harry Potter lately since I started reading the books. I just finished number 4 and am waiting for 5 to arrive from Amazon! We've been watching the movies after I finish each book. I have to fill Joe in on all the things they skip in the movies! :)

No comments: