Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Secret Mission Revealed!

So, I am way past due to write this post, but our secret mission was to go visit my sister and her family in Indiana. Another nice little treat was that my mom was going to see her too, so we got to see her too! Kerstin knew that my mom was coming, but didn't know I was coming until I posted that last post. Darn me! haha. Ryker and I were in the Logan airport for 8 hours because we didn't get on the first flight with our buddy pass, and the next flight was delayed like 3 hours, so we didn't get into Chicago until 9:40 or something like that. And then we didn't get to their house until like 3 or something because we took this little detour to get gas and then got a little lost, but we made it ok. LOL. Ryker was very tired and just wanted to be sleeping on his stomach (his favorite way to sleep).
It was so much fun and wish we could have visited longer! I hadn't seen my sister and her kids in three years, and hadn't yet met her youngest, Levi. She, of course, hadn't met Ryker, and the same goes for my mom. She was so happy to be with 5 of her 7 grandbabies! We had some great laughs and Ryker did excellent the whole trip. That' where he learned to get in the crawling position. I'm pretty sure he saw his cousin Levi crawling and decided he wanted to do the same. haha jk, but seriously, he was looking at Levi like "um, how come I can't do that?" KT's kids have grown up so much since I last saw them. They are all so beautiful and handsome, and they all have such cute and different personalities! It's so fun. I look forward to be in that stage with Ryker and my future children someday.
We did some great things while we were there. We went to an Amish store (DELICIOUS food btw), visited quilt gardens, baked, cooked, went and saw "The Help" (must read book), and played with the kids. It was just a great time. Oh, and we pigged out on junk food, too (or should I say I pigged out! I'm pretty sure I ate two packages of oreos and like 6 donuts and 2 huge cinnamon rolls mm mm). Anyways, It was so fun to see everyone! Thanks KT and fam for giving mom, Ryker, and I a great visit! :) Miss you guys!


Ryker helped his Mommy pack for the trip!
Waiting in the Logan airport. I'm so blessed to have such a good baby. It would have been pretty hard, being there 8 hours and all.
Sisters reunite at last! haha
Ryker and his Grandma finally meet. :)
Ryker with his cousin Torilynn! :)

At the quilt gardens
My sister caught this on camera!

The rest of the pics were taken with my sister's awesome camera (except for the obvious couple):
Ryker with his cousins: Ellalyn, Torilynn, Landon, and Levi!

Ryker and his cousins chillin
I just had to throw this one in--my nieces are so cute!


My mom and 5 of her 7 beautiful grandkids! :)
Ryker was happy to see his Daddy again--he missed him a lot, and it was on Joe's birthday too!

2 comments:

The Watts said...

Had such a blast, was worth the world to me! I have the greatest kids and grandkids, so sweet and nice!

Kerstin said...

WE are so glad you came to visit! It was the best!!