Friday, September 17, 2010

Wow-This is Way Overdue

It's been so long since I've blogged. I'm horrible about blogging. Hopefully I'll get better, but maybe not since this is going to be a tough semester. Everybody knows this, but Joe and I are going to be a Daddy and Mommy! We found out in July and were excited to find out yesterday that we are due March 31, 2011! One of my good friends (and the RS president, who I work closely with) Jessica is due the same day! Awesome, huh? Anyways, we are super duper excited! Joe thinks it is a girl. I have no clue what to think. I just know that Joe is pretty sure it's a girl. My friend who is pregnant with a boy said that they say girls usually have a higher heartbeat than boys and she said that ours is higher than hers was. Doesn't mean anything though. But anyways, seeing the baby made it feel so real. I almost cried I couldn't believe that baby was inside of me! They also gave me a video, so Joe and I watched it last night. You could really see the baby's heart beating. Our baby is two inches long and had a heartbeat of 180 bpm. She showed us the hands, the tummy, the thighs, the spinal cord, and even the umbilical cord. It was so cute! School is going well. I'm managing, but having a hard time getting back into the swing of things... have to motivate myself to do my homework. I really like the piano class. It is lots of fun. Anyways, gotta do some homework and prepare for a homevisit.

Looks like the baby is sucking his or her thumb! So precious! :)

6 comments:

Kerstin said...

I am so excited!! I know Joe thinks you are having a girl but he does eralize that you come from a family dominated by boys right ;) (I know that doesn't mean anything).

Theresa said...

lol. Either way you'll love it! So excited for you!

Cynthia said...

ya, and Joe comes from a family dominated by boys too. Well there are three boys and one girl in his family. Somehow I think he really wants a girl because he's afraid we'll have all boys and no girls.

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you and Joe. :)

eBN said...

Dads are pretty accurate in their guesses! I guessed two boys and was right both times so I'm pretty sure its the case with all dads.

Just make sure that you eat a lot of ice cream so that the baby stays healthy man!

Cynthia said...

Brent, the baby doesn't like ice cream man! She likes yogurt, cereal, and chips! Put together! haha jk that's gross.