Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's Not About Me

Since becoming a wife and mother, I have learned a lot about selflessness. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't totally gain a full testimony of this until Joe and I had Ryker. I've learned that it is NOT about me. Sure, I need to take care of myself and love myself, but ultimately it's about others and serving others. It wasn't until we had Ryker that I realized how selfish I was at times. So what if I have spit up in my hair, I'm wearing raggy clothes, and have no make up on? I'm doing what I love and that is taking care of my little family. I was laying in bed last night thinking about all my many blessings. I've thought about how much I've been blessed when I know I truly haven't deserved it. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father gave me an amazing family. I love my hardworking husband and our sweet, funny little boy. I'm so happy He sent them to me. I feel nothing but joy when I can do things for them. I love that Ryker relies on his parents to do almost everything. I'm getting very sad for the day that he won't need us to do most things anymore. Oh, I love life, I do! :) This is one of my favorite pics of my boys. Ryker was maybe 2 weeks in this pic. I love it because you can tell how much Joe adores his son! :)
And here is one of the many cute portraits that Ryker got done yesterday...just 5 days away from turning 5 months old! :)

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

That baby is too handsome!!