Thursday, July 7, 2011

New England LINGO

Living in Massachusetts these passed (almost) couple months, I have learned a little bit about the New England lingo. Here are some words that I have always known to be and the New England versions. I started a list and hope to continue to add to it. HAHA
Purse is no longer a purse, it is a Pocket Book.
Tennis Shoes
are no longer tennis shoes, they are Sneakers.
Garbage
is not garbage, it is simply Rubbish!
Soda
is not soda anymore, it is Tonic instead... what is that word tonic anyways?
A Stroller is called a Carriage.
A Shopping cart
is also called a Carriage.
A Shake
is not a shake, it is a Frap.
Chocolate chips are Chocolate bits.

Now, since I've known Joe, I have heard some of these terms before, but I added a few that I recently learned about. It's kind of fun!

1 comment:

The Watts said...

Sounds Old English to me